The WHISPER APP reveals what guys are saying a long standing tradition!
Back when our parents or grandparents got married, women wouldn’t think twice about taking their husband’s name, but that’s certainly not the case in this day and age. More and more women are sticking with their maiden name after marriage, which has left some men feeling conflicted about it.
Well a thread on the anonymous Whisper app has guys revealing how they really feel about women taking, or not taking, their name, and some of the responses may surprise you.
- “If she wants my sperm, she needs my surname. It’s really that simple.”
- “I would never ask my wife to take my last name. I’d just be grateful someone wants to spend their life with me.”
- “Yes it matters. If she doesn’t want to take my name, I’m not interested.”
- “I would never marry someone who wouldn’t take my surname.”
- “Honestly, I’d rather change my last name to match hers. I’m not the least bit attached to mine.”
- “If I’m not taking my wife’s last name, why on earth should she take mine?”
- “My wife kept her surname. It’s easier in many ways but also awkward at times.”
- “This one couple I know hyphenated their name and took each other’s. I think that’d be neat because it’s a physical way of showing the reciprocity marriage should have.”
- “It’s not a deal breaker but I definitely wouldn’t be happy if my wife refused to take my last name. I feel like our generation is getting rid of so many traditions.”
- “I have a crappy last name. I’m sick of spelling it every last time! I’m actually not opposed to taking my fiancée’s last name.”
- “It’s only important to me that my wife makes her own choice in regards to my last name or not. As long as she’s doing what SHE wants to do, I will be happy.”
- “My surname is freaking epic. If she doesn’t want it that’s her loss.”