You can think it....don't say it!
When you’re a single person in a world of couples, people don’t always know how to deal with you. And as if it’s not bad enough being the fifth wheel when hanging out with two couples, well-meaning friends try to say things to make you feel better and really miss the mark. So when funny lady Tanya Hennessy was single for seven years - SEVEN YEARS, guys! - she heard it all. And here’s what she says you should never say to a single girl.
- “Don’t worry, you’ll find someone someday” - Okay, sure. What day? When?
- “Just don’t turn into some crazy cat lady” - How do you know it’s not too late for that?
- “I just don’t know why you’re single! You’re such a catch! What’s wrong with men out there?” - Have to agree on all those.
- “Better get out there, they’re doing the bouquet toss” - At a wedding, all the single ladies know when the bouquet toss is happening because no less than 10 people have mentioned it in 10 minutes.
- “It’ll happen when you least expect it” - Just over here “not expecting it” for the last four years … what gives?
- “You have to love yourself first before you can love someone else” - Just stop right there.
- “Is it hard, because you thought you’d be married by now?” - Yes. Yes it is, thanks for bringing it up.
- “You’re too picky” - Nope, you’re too nosey.
- “Have you thought about online dating?” - No, you’re the first person to ever suggest that.
- “I couldn’t imagine being single. You poor thing.” - It doesn’t get much ruder than this.
- “What was wrong with that last guy?” - He liked Nickelback.