For a lot of people, the ideal evening involves hours and hours of television, but does that necessarily make them addicted to the boob tube? Well, maybe not, but a new study reveals several signs that could qualify someone as a TV addict, so if you relate to all of them, you may want think about stepping away from the remote.
The UK survey, which could easily translate here, finds that 40% of people consider themselves a TV addict. In fact, people love TV so much that a quarter of folks have upgraded their TV so they can see their favorite show in the ideal setting, while 25% say it “annoys” them to watch something on standard definition TV.
So, how do you know if you’re a TV addict? Well, the survey finds that the biggest clue is that you own a top of the range TV, while other signs include talking about your favorite show all the time and losing sleep over an upcoming episode.
Top Traits Of A TV Addict
- You have a top of the range TV
- Your channel package is the envy of your friends
- Your TV forms the focal point of your living room.
- You talk about your favorite shows all the time
- You get involved in TV discussions online
- You join groups on social media who talk about your favorite shows
- You have a preferred spot on the sofa to watch from
- You have total control over the remote control
- You plan out what you are going to watch for the rest of the week
- You lose sleep thinking about what is going to happen in the next episode
Source: SWNS Digital