NATIONAL BOYFRIEND DAY!!
Mark your calendars! October 3rd is national boyfriend day, which means you only have a few days left to find the perfect gift. If this quirky holiday has managed to elude you until now, then there’s no better time to start planning the perfect surprise.
NationalToday.com conducted a survey of 1,000 Americans to see what they're planning to do for that special someone, and they found that some guys are in for a special treat...
A whopping 84% of Americans with boyfriends plan to celebrate, while only 16% say they don't plan to observe National Boyfriend Day.
A lucky 12% of Americans with a boyfriend plan to pop the question on National Boyfriend Day. Awwww. They'll need to know what ring to pick, find your ring style here.
Unsure if your boyfriend will pop the question? 89% of significant others say they're in it for the long haul.
If you’ve been in a relationship for YEARS, don't worry you’re not alone. 29% say they have been dating their boyfriends from 1-3 years, 22% have been dating from 3-6 years, and a staggering 30% have been dating for over 6 years. If it’s been 6 years or longer, then it’s time to put a ring on it.
TOP 5 WAYS AMERICANS PLAN TO CELEBRATE
#1. COOK DINNER FOR THEIR BOYFRIEND
A home cooked meal always sounds good, and 24% of the surveyors are planning just that. Here are 10 easy to prep meals for two.
#2. PLAN A FUN DATE
23% are planning a fun date. Go to the beach, visit an amusement park, go to a movie, or go on a spontaneous adventure. The options are endless. Here are 50 things to do besides going out to drink.
#3. BUY MY BOYFRIEND A PRESENT
10% want to buy a gift for their boyfriend. DIY a gift yourself, or get him that one thing he's been dying to have. Pinterest has a few gift ideas to check out.
#4. NETFLIX MARATHON WITH MY BOYFRIEND
10% said they want to Netflix and chill. Cook a romantic dinner for two, then pick a binge-worthy show you both want to see (like Stranger Things!). Easiest date night ever.
#5. WATCH SPORTS WITH MY BOYFRIEND
If binge watching Stranger Things on Netflix isn't your thing....4% said they would rather catch a game with their boyfriend. So pop some popcorn and grab a few beers for a nice date night in. Bonus points for snuggling on the couch.
Creative ways to save money.....and some of these are CRAZY!
There’s nothing wrong with trying to save money anywhere you can, but it turns out there are some people who take things a bit too far. Just how crazy can folks get with the penny pinching? Well, some savers are opening up to Vice about the hilarious, and often bizarre, things they’ve done to save a few bucks, and some of them may shock you.
Bizarre ways people have saved money include:
- “I cut open my face wash and moisturizer to get every last drop because that stuff is $$$$.”
- “(Purchase) meat at the grocery store on a Sunday night. They tend to stock up before the weekend but by Sunday everyone has what they are going to grill and such; what remains must be sold, at a big discount too.”
- “Save old water from washing fruits/rice and use to water plants.”
- “My wife cuts my hair; sometimes I have the kids use my bathwater; I’ll drive up to 4 hours to a different airport for a cheaper ticket; I rarely eat out and when I do it's carryout, no matter the restaurant, to avoid the 20 percent tip.”
- "I bring an empty plastic bottle with me when I go to the gym and fill it up with the hand soap inside the gym’s bathroom. Saves me money on soap and it so happens I love the smell."
- "Instead of buying plastic containers, I wash and reuse empty ice cream or butter containers for storage."
- “My friend Jay and I in our club-going days used to hide our coats in an alley near this club, rather than pay the $1 coat-check fee."
- “If the paper towel isn’t too dirty, I’ll rinse and hang it out to dry so I can reuse it.”
- “Every time I go to any fast food place and they dump your bag full up ketchup or other condiments, I save all of them so I can use them later."