Your Holiday Check-list!!
We’re barely into October, but it’s never too early to start thinking about the holidays. And if just the thought of them is making you anxious instead of excited, consider getting organized nice and early this year. You can actually start with these things now to ease your stress when the holidays do finally roll around.
- Set a gifting budget - Start saving now so you can cover most of your holiday spending and avoid big credit card balances later. How great would it be to pay for all your presents in cash this year?
- Be smart with your credit card - If you are charging things this holiday, make sure you’re getting as many benefits as you can. Review how your rewards points work so you can earn the most with your holiday spending.
- Schedule the traditions you don’t want to skip - Before the holiday madness sets in is the best time to plan all the festivities you want to enjoy this year so you don’t miss any. Put important events like driving around to look at holiday lights and baking cookies on the calendar now so you fit them in when the season gets hectic later.
- Get your holiday cards in order - It’s so easy to put this task off to the point you never even send them, but if you get organized now, that won’t be you this year. Order them online or DIY soon and you’ll be so glad when December rolls around.
- Do your baking with months to spare - Baked goods can be stored in the freezer for up to three months, so you can get ahead while you have time and then just thaw and serve later.
- Get your house in shape - Otherwise it’ll be the week of Thanksgiving and your parents are coming in two days and your home isn’t ready. But if you start now and make a list of everything you want to have done by the holidays, you can tackle it little by little and get it all done.