10 Commandments of Online Dating!
The online dating game can seriously mess with your mind. If we all just go into it like decent humans, we’ll have much better chances of ACTUALLY getting to know people, right?? So if you’re lookin’ to do the apps and do ‘em right, here are the 10 commandments to live by when you’re dating through a screen according to Britain’s “Independent” newspaper:
- “Thou shalt not say things thou does not mean”
- “Thou shalt not be neither cat nor kittenfish”
- “Thou shalt not start a conversation with an emoji”
- “Thou shalt not play the waiting game”
- “Thou shalt have a well-rehearsed escape routine”
- “Thou shalt ignore the advice of coupled-up friends who met IRL”
- “Thou shalt play the field with caution.”
- “Thou shalt read verbal and non-verbal cues”
- “Thou shalt split the bill on the first date”
- “Thou shalt not social media stalk”
And for the love of finding someone, choose some good photos of yourself, people. It’s the first thing people see when they look at your profile!! Why put up a screenshot of a meme when you can show off your mug??
Source: The Independent