Here is some solid profile pic advice!
Anyone who’s ever set foot on the apps knows that as much as we like to deny it, the photos you choose are the most important part of your entire profile. We don’t have time to scan through bios. But we definitely have time to judge people for their choice in profile photos. Here are some things to keep in mind while you’re choosing your best photos:
- Safety – Keep in mind that if you’re posting photos that also appear on social media, someone could find exactly who you are pretty easily.
- Photos that really look like you – Flattering photos are fine, as long as the person you’re talking to can actually recognize you in real life.
- Be goofy – Throw a weird selfie, a childhood photo, or a meme you like up there. It’ll help people understand your personality.
- Avoid JUST selfies – If your entire profile is mirror pics are car selfies, you might want to enlist someone to take some real pictures of you.
- Tread lightly with shirtless photos – Guys, lots of girls see shirtless photos on the apps as deal breakers. Be careful!
And if you’re really stuck on what photos to post on your profiles, I always go for the ones that got the most attention on social media. There’s nothing wrong with seeing what people like and playing that up a little bit!