Ways folks have saved some cash...and not all are on the up and up!
Saving money isn’t always easy in this day and age but some people have found some crafty ways to keep their money in the bank, although the things they are doing may not necessarily be on the up and up.
A new survey reveals just how far folks will go to save a little dough, with 81% of people saying they sneak their own snacks into movies, which, considering how much movie theater food costs, is completely understandable. But then there are people who don’t like to pay for something even in a restaurant. Believe it or not, 33% of people admit they’ve ordered just water at a restaurant and then filled their cup up with soda instead.
And that’s not the only sneaky way folks are saving. Other savvy moves include:
- 75% of folks have taken toiletries from a hotel room
- 73% of people have re-gifted something they received but didn’t like
- A-third of people say they’ve taken supplies like toilet paper or paper towels home from the office
- Another third has used someone else’s subscription service, and also created new emails to take advantage of new customer promo codes
- 25% of people say they’ve eaten food while in the grocery store without paying or it
So who are the sneakiest when it comes to saving? Well, Generation Z had the most folks admitting to sneaky cost savings behaviors, followed by Millennials.
Source: Biz Journals