Beginning with the upcoming 2017 football season, Razorback fans will be able to bring otherwise permissible items into Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium by using:
• Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”
• One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
• Small clutch purses, no larger than 4.5” x 6.5”, the size of the palm of your hand, with or without a handle or strap
So if you're looking for a cute, clear purse for the game, I found these at Golden Girls on E Joyce in Fayetteville. Perfect for game day!
More info on what you can/can't take into the stadium this football season:
All clear bags and clutch purses will be screened prior to entry into the stadium. All bags and purses not meeting the above requirements will not be permitted. Although permitted, childcare items, including diapers, must also be carried in an approved clear bag.
Fans carrying required medical supplies or devices into the stadium are not subject to the clear bag policy, but will need to go through the bag check line at their entry gate for a thorough screening of the bag and the medical items. The person requiring these supplies or devices must accompany the bag at all times. Medical exception bags will be tagged once cleared through security.
Working personnel, including media, will continue to enter the stadium through designated gates where they will be subject to screening and bag inspections already in effect.
The University of Arkansas’ policy is consistent with a Southeastern Conference Bag Policy that is in effect for football games at all league institutions. This week, Razorback football season ticket holders will receive a complimentary clear bag that meets the parameters of the policy with their season ticket booklet.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How does the new policy improve public safety? The clear bag is easily searched and significantly reduces faulty bag searches. It also supports the Department of Homeland Security's "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign.
- What can I do to help get into the stadium more quickly? Arrive early, know which items are prohibited and avoid bringing a bag, if at all possible. Also, enter the stadium through the gate indicated on your ticket. Gates open two hours prior to kickoff.
- How many bags may each person bring into the stadium? One large clear bag - either a one-gallon Ziploc style bag or the 12" x 6" x 12" clear bag - plus a small clutch (the size of the palm of your hand) that does not exceed 4.5" x 6.5". The small clutch allows privacy for small personal items and is easily searched.
- What about diaper bags? Diapers and non-medically necessary items for babies and young children must be carried in an approved clear bag.
- Do I have to put everything I'm carrying into the permissible bags? No. Fans are limited only to the type of bags carried into the stadium, not items that they may normally bring to a game that fit in pockets or clutch bags (e.g., keys, makeup, feminine products, comb, phone, wallet, credit cards). Fans may carry a blanket over their arms, and binoculars and/or camera around their necks or in their hands without the case. Fans may also use the clear bag and clutch to carry these items and other permissible items. In all cases, carried items are subject to search.
- May fans carry cameras, binoculars, smart phones or tablets separately from what they put in a clear bag? Yes. A phone, tablet, binoculars or cameras may be carried independently into the stadium as long as it is not in its own bag. Fans may also place those items within their clear bag, as long as they are not contained in an additional container.
- If I have certain items that I need to bring into the stadium for medical reasons and they won't fit in the clear bag, what do I do? Fans needing to carry a bag for required medical supplies or devices will need to go through the bag check line at their entry gate for a thorough screening of the bags and the medical items. The person requiring these supplies or devices must accompany the bag at all times. Medical exception bags will be tagged once cleared through security.
- Are all purses prohibited? No. Small clutch purses, with or without a handle or strap, that do not exceed 4.5" x 6.5" (the size of the palm of your hand), are permitted along with either the 12" x 6" x 12" clear tote bag or the one-gallon freezer bag. Fans are encouraged not to bring any bags, but the policy has been created to balance fan needs with improved public safety and convenience.
- What about bringing blankets in cold weather? Fans will be able to bring blankets by carrying them over a shoulder or arm or within an approved clear bag. However, blankets must be removed from the clear bag for security inspection.
- What happens if I show up at the gate with a bag that is not permitted? Fans carrying bags that do not comply with the Clear Bag Policy will be asked to return their bags to their vehicle and transfer their belongings to an approved clear bag before entering the stadium.
- May I leave a bag or unwanted items outside the Stadium rather than returning them to my vehicle? No, the University of Arkansas is not responsible for any item left outside the stadium gates upon entry. For security reasons, fans should expect that items left outside the stadium will be removed and discarded.
- Can I bring a non-clear bag if it fits inside the approved clear bag? No. The only permitted non-clear bags are small clutches no bigger than 4.5" by 6.5." Clutches, purses and wallets larger than 4.5" by 6.5" are prohibited. You may transfer the contents of a non-approved bag that is larger than 4.5" by 6.5" into an approved clear bag to bring into the stadium, but you may not place the entire non-permissible bag itself into a clear bag.
- Have any of the prohibited Items changed as well, along with this new bag policy? Yes, the Prohibited Items list is reviewed annually and updated to remain current with the changing trends in fan safety and security. For a complete list of permissible and prohibited items, visit the Arkansas Razorback Football Fan Guide at ArkansasRazorbacks.com.
- Will this policy affect the ability of fans to tailgate? Are there limitations on tailgating items? No. The Clear Bag Policy does not pertain to tailgating areas. For complete information on tailgating, visit ArkansasRazorbacks.com Game Day Information Page.