Even someone who loves their job can get a little bored at the office. And when that happens there’s just no way to concentrate on actually doing your job.
While some folks may try and just work through the boredom and do their job like a good employee, there are others that find unique, and often funny, ways to pass the time. And thanks to a new thread on the anonymous Whisper app, we now know what some of those things are.
Funny ways people fight boredom at work include:
- “I buy a pack of gummy bears and stick pretzels and have a war, no survivors.”
- “Locking myself in the bathroom and watch Netflix.”
- “I throw erasers and paper clips over my cubicle walls at my co-workers…they all do the same thing.”
- “When I’m bored at work I print out blank maps of the world or the U.S. and see if I can name all the countries or states.”
- “Race the cockroaches from cubicle to cubicle. I won $20 on my roach last week.”
- “I used to get under my desk and periodically practice the earthquake drill.”
- “We play tennis with scrunched up paper and electric fans to make the paper float across the offices.”
- “Light different plastic things on fire and see how long they take to burn.”
- “I add weird hashtags to all our web articles. #pickelball.”
- “My coworkers and I lock each other in the walk in freezer and shut off the lights.”
- “I’m a drive through cashier and sometimes I’ll talk to the customer in a random accent. British, Australian, Indian, New Jersey. I change it up. Their reactions are great.”
- “Search gay porn on all the guys computers and leave Web explorer open.”
- “Our president was an OCD neat freak. He had a glass desk so we would make tons of fingerprints. We watched him windex it and laugh. Thought it was the cleaning people.