After a bad break up or a particularly horrendous date it isn’t uncommon for some folks to swear off dating, but not many people really follow through with it. But there are some people out there who do actually take themselves off the dating scene and now they are opening up as to why.
A new thread on the anonymous Whisper app has folks sharing the reasons why they haven’t dated in years and while some are understandable, some are just plain sad.
- “I don’t do relationships. I haven’t dated in over two years because I’m scared and not ready for commitment.”
- “I haven’t been on a date in two years because my weight makes me insanely self-conscious.”
- “I haven’t dated anyone since my ex cheated and gave me herpes because I’m too embarrassed and ashamed of it.”
- “I haven’t dated in years because I will only date someone if they have potential to be my wife. If I was a player I’d get many girls but I don’t want that. I’m patient. I’ll find you.”
- “I tell people I haven’t dated for so long because I’m too busy and picky but the reality is it’s because I’m terrified of being rejected, tossed aside and not loved for who I am.”
- “I’m too shallow and have too high of standards. I haven’t been on a date with anyone in two years because of this.”
- “My fiancé was murdered five years ago. I haven’t dated since, it would feel too much like cheating.”
- “I haven’t dated anyone in 12 years because I hate myself.”
- “I haven’t dated in two years. I still have this crazy idea that my ex will come back around one day.”
- “I love being alone, there I said it. I abandoned all of my friends and after my wife left me, I swore off dating. I’m in heaven right now.”
- “People call me beautiful and gorgeous but I haven’t dated since my ex decided to be gay and it ruined by self esteem.”