How to make bedtime a little better for your relationship.
When life is just moving from one this to the next all the time, it can be hard to find time to keep the fire alive with your partner. That’s why a great time to have some alone time is just before bed. Make going to bed a ritual instead of just a boring habit by doing these eight things:
- Exchange “I love yous”
- Go to bed at the same time. - It’s nice to do something every night together after spending the days apart.
- Unplug from your devices. - Spend time with each other, not your screens.
- Make a good night’s sleep a priority.
- Practice gratitude. - List some things you’re grateful for at the end of every day.
- Don’t try to settle arguments. - Do it when you’re more awake and refreshed!
- Chat about your day! - Keep your partner involved in your life.
- Keep the kids out! - If you have little ones, make sure they’re sleeping in their own beds!