Here's how to make it last with those matches.
Dating apps are always blamed for our loveless hookups. They say it’s hard to make a real connection through a screen. But maybe we’re just not doing it right. There are definitely ways to get what you want out of a relationship by starting on an app. Here’s what the experts have to say:
- “Read the fine print.” – Get to know the person based on their bio, check out ALL of their photos. Really swipe with intention, folks.
- “Be confident and get the conversation started.” – Don’t wait around for him to message first. You’re wasting valuable connecting time!
- “Make a plan to meet in person ASAP.” – Meeting in person is the best way to find out if you really connect with someone. Try it out!
- “Be open to meeting someone who isn’t ‘your type.’” – You never know what love you could be shutting out by only going for the guys you think are your type!
- “Dress to impress.” – Show off your best look in your profile photos.
- “Smile.” – A friendly face is more likely to get matches on the apps!
- “Be original.” – Don’t just post a run of the mill bathroom selfie. Show off your adventurous side! Show your personality!
Most importantly, be yourself. The best way to get matches and keep them is by showing people who you really are.