Today is World Emoji Day! So to celebrate, Facebook gathered up some interesting facts about the way emoji are used on their site. Here’s what you probably didn’t know about Facebook emoji.
- The laugh-cry emoji is the most-used emoji on Facebook, coming in second is Heart-Eyes.
- American Facebook users also love to use the rolling-on-the-floor emoji.
- In the U.K., Thailand, Canada, and Brazil, the top Facebook messenger emoji were all heart-related. In the U.S. and India, friends blew kisses to each other the most.
- Every day on Messenger, over five billion emoji are sent
- In the top-10 most used emoji on Facebook, none were for negative emotions, except number 9, which is the loudly crying face.