This stuff just won't fly on first dates!
First dates can be so hit or miss. What’s worse is that even if it’s a hit for you, it might be a miss for the person you’re seeing. How do you make sure that your first date impression is what you want it to be? “PlentyOfFish” asked 2,000 singles about things that bother them from the initial chat to the first date.
There are some obvious dos and don’ts like not being rude or talking politics. Here are the top five first date no-nos:
- Checking your phone too much - It’s better to just be present with your date and really get to know them!
- Taking smoke breaks - Again, BE PRESENT. You’re trying to get to know someone, not fuel your habits.
- Being rude - Be your friendly self! No one likes a negative nancy on a date.
- Talking about your exes - No need to even bring them into the conversation. They’re in the past for a reason!
- Having nothing in common - There’s nothing worse than sitting through a date to find that you and your partner have nothing to talk about.
Relax, be yourself…and remember you swiped right for a reason!