Anyone who’s worked in an office will likely tell you they have co-workers who love to throw around annoying office jargon and clichés on the job, but what those cliches are will probably depend on what state you live in.
A company called Textio has scanned job advertisements in each state and has come up with a map revealing the most common office jargon used in each state, and some of them may surprise you.
For example, in New York the most common cliché used is “herd cats,” while those in Hawaii use “magic happens,” the most, those in Indiana love “fire in the belly,” and Oklahoma uses “bleeding edge.”
Among some of the other state clichés(click here for the entire map)
- California – Tee up
- Colorado – Change driver
- Florida – Win-win outcome
- Georgia – Hit your numbers
- Illinois - Be action-oriented
- Maine – Goes the extra mile
- Michigan – Eye of the tiger
- New Jersey – In our DNA
- Oregon – Revolutioneering
- West Virginia – Off the floor
Source: The Daily Mail