If you're burnt out with work, here's how to help.
Even if you’re working your dream job, you can still be overcome with stress and exhaustion. It doesn’t matter how much you love what you do! Stress is just around the corner from many of the things we do in our day to day. When you’re burnt out, you might find yourself trashing your job, only talking about the stress, being physically and mentally exhausted. It’s the worst! But there are ways to work around work burnout:
- Try to figure out the reason. - The reason you’re so burnt out could be something you can change! If you can pinpoint the reason for your exhaustion, it might be worth a convo with your boss.
- Stop doing nothing at home. - If you go home and just veg out, it might be better to try to fill your free time with actual THINGS. Go out with friends or dive into a hobby!
- Do something relaxing every day. - Yep, EVERY day. Have a cup of tea, take some time to read, do whatever it is you do to relax.
- Take some time off. - If you can get away with it, definitely go on vacation. Unplug!
- Get more social. - Having relationships and spending time with people makes you happier. Seriously! It’s science!
- Have better mornings. - Do something so that waking up every morning isn’t such a drag. Give yourself time in the morning to sit and have a cup of coffee.
- Become friendly with coworkers. - The only thing that can make a good job better is enjoying the company of the people you work with.
- Get more exercise. - It’s time to get those creative juices flowing! Exercise makes you even more on your A game.
- Take your lunch break. - Stop working through lunch! You need the break.
- Limit technology after work. - It’s time to unplug when you’re at home. Leave your work at work if you can.
And remember - it’s just a job! Not even a job is worth your physical and mental wellbeing!