Some of the most popular school lunch ideas you can find on Pinterest.
Now that school is back in full swing for most of us, we have to gear up for a year’s worth of healthy, wholesome lunches. We don’t have time to be making Disney princesses out of cheese, fruit, and carrot sticks, but we can fix quick, easy, nutritious lunches that our little ones will enjoy. Here are some of the most popular ideas on Pinterest.
- Pizzadillas - Just stuff flour tortillas with any pizza toppings your kids like.
- Taco Pop-Tarts - Making these homemade mini taco pies pastries sounds like more work than we want to deal with, but the trick is to use premade pie crust.
- Lunch Kabobs - Keep your kid interested by putting lunch on a stick. Use anything your little one will eat - veggies, fruit, cheese - the options are endless.
- Corn Dog Bites - Kids love these little corn dog muffins. They’re just like corn dogs, but they’re not fried or on a stick and the hot dogs are cut up.
- Grilled Cheese Roll-Ups - It’s a twist on a classic and you use all the same ingredients, just roll the bread up before you grill it. And the roll-ups are way more fun to dip in soup than a regular sandwich.
- Chicken and Corn Patties - This kid-friendly food is great for lunchboxes because it doesn’t require any utensils and you can make them more nutritious by adding more veggies.
- Cucumber "Sushi" - This one takes a little more work, but they look really cool, so if your kid will eat this, give it a try. Just seed a cucumber, creating an empty tube inside. Then stuff it with rice, avocado, bell peppers, carrots, or whatever you choose. Use “gentle persistence” to pack the cuke full, then slice and serve.
- Ham Mac and Cheese Cups - These are the muffin version of mac and cheese and you can add ham, veggies, or make it straight up. Make them ahead and freeze, then just heat a few, pop in a thermos and stick it in the lunchbox.