We love scrolling through Facebook and Twitter as much as the next girl, but sometimes enough is enough. Famous faces like Adele, Chrissy Teigen, and Justin Bieber have all taken breaks from social media platforms in the past and it might be time for you to do the same. How do you know if you’re spending too much time on social media? Here are some signs you and your phone need to take a break from it.
- You’re making outlandish plans, just for the photo opp – If you start planning your excursion to Everest when your friend mentions she’s planning to climb Mount Kilimanjaro and you’ve never been on so much as a hike before, you might need a break.
- Your followers know more about you than your S.O. does – When the people who subscribe to your feeds know more details about your life than the person you’re dating does, you should consider a social media break.
- You won’t go anywhere without full hair and makeup – If you can’t run to the CVS because your social followers aren’t used to seeing you au naturel and you have to Snap everywhere you go, it’s time for a cleanse.
- If you’re always on social media when you’re hanging out with your friends IRL – If you spend the whole time you’re out with your besties posting about it and everyone’s faces are buried in their phones, it’s time for a no-phone policy while hanging out.
- You know what your ex’s new fling had for breakfast – If you’re hate-following your ex because you think it’s making you feel better, consider a social media blackout. It’ll really make you feel better. Out of sight, out of mind and all that.
- You only talk to your friends in memes and GIFs – If you no longer use full sentences your brain comes up with to communicate to your pals, you probably need to detox from social media.
Source: The Zoe Report