As parents, there are some candies we like to lift from our kids’ trick-or-treat bags because they are our favorites - Almond Joys and Reese’s Cups come to mind. But then there are the candies we get rid of first for our own sanity, like these.
- Nerds - Since we’ve never seen a kid eat a little box of Nerds without spilling 80% on the floor, these are the first to go. We don’t to clean those up again!
- Tootsie Rolls - Kids like them, but when they get tired of chewing them, they spit them out and we’re over it, so they’ve gotta go.
- Jolly Ranchers - Not only are they choking hazards, kiddos also chew them up or suck on them for hours, both of which are terrible for their teeth.
- Fun Dip - We don’t hand our kids sugar packets in restaurants, so we don’t like giving these to our offspring either.
- Pixie Stix - These are basically Fun Dips that come inside a faster method of ingestion. So nope on these sugar sticks either.
- Dubble Bubble - Some moms are fine with their kids chewing bubble gum, but after finding it in places it shouldn’t be - like your kid’s hair, under a table, or in your new carpeting - you might reconsider allowing it.
- Butterfingers - Sure, they’re delicious, but that flakiness makes them a nightmare when kids eat them. And after they make a mess eating it, we have to scrape-brush Butterfingers off their teeth, so no thanks.
- Ring Pops - They’re like Jolly Ranchers that last for three hours!
- Dots - Since these always get spit out, we’ll save our tots the effort and get rid of the Dots before anyone tries them out this year.