A gal’s wedding day is supposed to be the best day of their life, but not every wedding is the magical day a bride was expecting. Whether it’s the pressure to put on the perfect day, or crazy family members, a lot of things can ruin the occasion, and some brides are now spilling the beans.
A new thread on the anonymous Whisper app has brides confessing to the reasons they hated their wedding, and after reading them, you may want to consider eloping.
Reasons brides hated their wedding include:
- “Our wedding was pretty bad. His parents didn’t approve of us being married and showed up drunk. Worse wedding ever with lots of drama from everyone.”
- “My MIL is awful. She made a big scene at my wedding because we had a table devoted to my mother (who died four months prior) and we didn’t give her the same special attention. Once again she made things about her.”
- “I hated my wedding…my dad walked me down the aisle telling me everything I did wrong my entire life.”
- “Wedding dresses are incredibly uncomfortable. I wish someone would have told me, because I really didn’t enjoy my wedding because of it.”
- “At my wedding my sister announced she was pregnant. She stole my thunder and really made the night less enjoyable for me.”
- “Seeing other people’s family excited for their engagement/marriage just makes me more angry towards my parents for ruining my wedding day. They were verbally abusive all day and acted like white trash the whole time.”
- “My mother announced that she was divorcing my father at my wedding reception. It was the worst thing I have ever heard in my life. Thanks to her my wedding was ruined.”
- “I was too stressed out to even enjoy my wedding. There’s so much pressure to make everything perfect.”