The best thing you can do is embrace your singleness!
Sometimes being single isn’t all that great. You feel pretty lonely, and you’re not sure how to enjoy the single life without constantly thinking about how single and lonely you are. “Refinery29” writer Jessica Chou interviewed women on the best advice they received about being single. Here are the results:
- “Don’t worry too much about being single.”
- “Live life for you.”
- “It’s fine to enjoy being single.”
- “Find a hobby you love.”
- “Don’t get into a relationship for the sake of being in one.”
- “Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there.”
- “Always be yourself, and never apologize for that.”
- “Spend time with your friends.”
- “Be honest about your expectations, and don’t compromise them.”
Being single can be rough, and there’s not way around that. But if you’re not so focused on how single you are all the time, you could actually be out there having a good time!