Ending a relationship is never easy, but sometimes you can really learn something about yourself when it’s over which will help you move on in your next romance.
Well, some folks are sharing exactly what they learned from a breakup in a thread on the anonymous Whisper app, and the revelations may just help you get over your ex quicker than you expected.
Things people learned after a breakup include:
- “It ended for a reason and I shouldn’t just go crawling back because it’s familiar. I always have to remind myself that when I think about him.”
- “My last relationship taught me you learn more about a person after you break up than while you were together.”
- “This breakup taught me I need to love myself so I won’t let people walk all over me.”
- “If something feels wrong it is. Leave as soon as the red flags start. You’ll never be able to make someone change. My latest heartache instilled this into my brain.”
- “It’s not always love, sometimes you miss the memories not the person.”
- “I’m so thankful for my last breakup. It taught me not to fall for cheap love and to wait for perfection. Happy to say I found it.”
- “After we split, I realized I should stop lowering my standards.”
- “Sometimes love isn’t enough. A sad but very true lesson my last relationship taught me. It’s even more prominent the older you get.”
- “Never lose touch with your friends when you have a relationship. All of my friends were only my friends because they were her friends. A lesson I wish I learned much sooner.”
- “Sometimes bad timing really does kill a relationship.”
- “My last breakup taught me to trust my gut no matter what.”