There are apps that let young kids meet each other and talk to strangers.
There are a few apps out there that are really making life interesting for teenagers. But with that comes a lot of apps that expose young people to predators and unsafe behaviors. It’s not right! Here are the apps that parents should watch out for these days:
- Yubo – This is a dating app for 13-17 year olds. Pretty terrifying.
- Sarahah – This allows people to send anonymous direct messages to friends. It’s big for cyberbullying.
- Reddit – This allows young kids to have access to inappropriate material.
- Vora – This isn’t good for people who may suffer from eating disorders. People can log their water fasting habits.
- Omegle – This is a livestream and video chat app that allows strangers to talk to one another. It’s not good for younger kids!
If you see your kids using this app, maybe you should make sure they’re using them safely. It’s hard to have so much access to technology out there!
Source: Huffington Post