St. Patty's Day ideas!
We’re lucky enough to get St. Patrick’s Day on a Saturday this year, so no matter how you choose to celebrate, you’ll probably get to do it without having to worry about work the next morning. If you and your sweetie still trying to decide how to spend your holiday this year, try one of these St. Paddy’s date ideas.
- Take a tour of a whiskey distillery - You probably have no idea how whiskey is actually made or the history of it, so this date could be fun and St. Patrick’s Day-related and educational at the same time.
- Have a picnic in the park - If you’re lucky enough to have nice enough weather to sit outside and enjoy Saturday afternoon, go soak up the sun with a St. Paddy’s-inspired lunch. Be sure to pack something green and maybe sneak some Guinness into the picnic basket.
- Have Irish coffees and breakfast in bed - You and your partner can avoid the crowds of drunken folks out celebrating and stay in bed instead. And it’s a holiday, so why not start the day with a boozy coffee drink?
- Go to an Irish bar and get lit - Join the festive drinkers at a proper Irish bar and start toasting St. Patrick’s Day with mid-afternoon drinks.
- Check out an Irish movie - Looking for a more quiet and cozy St. Paddy’s date? You can never go wrong with a movie, so going with the Irish theme, watch “The Boondock Saints,” or “The Departed,” - it’s vaguely Irish. And you can always get into the spirit of the holiday by drinking during your movie marathon.
Source: Elite Daily
Eyebrow transplants are the newest and most invasive route to thick brows.
Eyebrows are still having a big moment. But since we weren’t all born with a set of brows like Cara Delevingne’s, some of us have to work a little harder to get the arches we want. Thankfully, there are powders, gels, and pencils to help our eyebrows out, and now there’s a new way the “follicly-challenged” are getting better brows: eyebrow transplants.
It sounds a little sci-fi, but the treatment just involves hair follicles being placed right into the brows to create a permanent and natural result. So it works like hair transplants, where they take hair from one part of the body - like the back of the head - and put it in another part of the body.
Then the hairs are trimmed to fit the preferred brow shape and cosmetic surgeon Dr. Peter Paraskevas explains that they are very precise in the angle and placement of each and every hair follicle to give patients the most natural look. He says, “The aim of the procedure is to improve brow location, contour, and density.”
The most common side effects are swelling and bruising for a few days, but after a week, there’s usually no evidence of the procedure, other than new eyebrow hair. But like with any cosmetic procedure, know who you’re dealing with and ask the right questions before the procedure.
Top ten items that people leave behind in Ubers.
Most of us have experienced that sinking feeling of realizing you left your phone or bag in your Uber. And we’re so not alone. Get this: Uber passengers are so forgetful that the company just came out with its second annual Lost and Found Index revealing what people have been leaving behind.
It’s probably not shocking that the most commonly forgotten item is a phone. It’s so easy to set it down while you’re buttoning your coat and then forget it on the Uber’s seat. Same thing happens with wallets, so they earn the number two spot.
Here are the top 10 most forgotten items in Ubers:
- ID/Drivers License
The Uber Index also reveals some of the most unique things left behind: Star Wars Encyclopedia, Divorce Papers, and a Burger King visor were the top three.
Source: Hello Giggles