Here's what you need to consider before you start dating someone you work with.
Sometimes there’s just nothing you can do about it – there’s a cute coworker in the office, and you just HAVE to take your shot. But there are so many risks that come along with dating a coworker. How can you be sure you’re making the right decision? Here are some questions to ask yourself before you take the leap:
- “What is my relationship history?” – If things tend to end poorly in your relationships, maybe a coworker relationship isn’t the best idea.
- “What is my coworker’s relationship history?” – Same idea, here. If they’re messy, you don’t need it.
- “What is my company’s policy on office romances?” – If your office is strict about that stuff, you’re gonna wanna know before you swan dive into something.
- “What is our professional relationship?” – Does one person have more seniority? That could make for a sticky situation.
- “Is this office romance worth the risk?” – If it would just be a fling anyway, maybe it’s best to let it lie.
There are definitely ways to combat the office relationship thing if it’s really not the best idea for the two of you. Make sure you’re not bringing your messes into the workplace!! That would be exhausting!