New report suggests Easter dinner will cost you 2% more than last year
With Easter coming up this Sunday, a lot of folks have probably begun their shopping for Easter dinner and they may have noticed their bill a little higher than last year. The American Farm Bureau Federation’s Spring Picnic Marketbasket Survey finds that prices for typical Easter meal fare have gone up this year, and should set you back $51.05, which is an increase of $1.05, or 2%, from last year.
Now if you’re like most people, you’re probably thinking you’ll be lucky to get a piece of ham and some veggies for $51.05, but the AFB says it’s enough for 16 items for your meal, with nine of those items going up in price from last year, and seven going down.
So, what do you get for your $5105? Well, your meal will include:
- Eggs - up 37% to $1.80 per dozen
- Orange Juice – up 8% to $3.46 per half-gallon
- Bagged Salad - up 4% to $2.42 per pound
- Deli Ham - up 3% to $5.59 per pound
- Vegetable Oil - Up 2% to $2.61 for a 32-ounce bottle
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese - up 2% to $4.20 per pound
- Ground Chuck - up 2% to $4.01 per pound
- Bacon - up 2% to $4.75 per pound
- Sirloin Tip Roast - up 2% to $5.12 per pound
- White Bread - down 7% to $1.60 per 20-ounce loaf
- Whole Milk - down 6 % to $3.07 per gallon
- Chicken Breast - down 2% to $3.10 per pound
- Toasted Oat Cereal - down 2% to $2.78 for a 9-ounce box
- Apples - down 1% to $1.53 per pound
- Flour - down less than 1% to $2.34 for a 5-pound bag
- Potatoes - down less than 1% to $2.67 for a 5-pound bag
The large ship will set sail from France to Barcelona this week.
Royal Caribbean has beat its own record of largest ship in the world with its Symphony of the Seas ship. The ship is larger than the previous largest cruise ship, Royal Caribbean’s Harmony of the Seas. The Symphony of the Seas extends 18 floors high and is as long as the Empire State Building carrying 6,700 passengers.
With a ship that large you could imagine there’s plenty to do on board. The ship features a laser tag arena, a 10-story racing slide, rock climbing and ice-skating. It also includes the Bionic Bar where robots serve the drinks, a sports bar with 30 big-screen TVs and Broadway’s “Hairspray” will serve as the ship’s live entertainment.
The vessel also hold a luxury family suite quipped with a two-story slide, private movie theater and Lego wall. The largest cruise ship in the world embarks on its maiden voyage Saturday from Barcelona, after leaving its port in France.
Source: NBC Boston
New audio has surfaced of a very strange encounter in the skies over Arizona last month
Two pilots say they saw a UFO over Arizona. Actually, it happened back on February 24th, but the FAA has only recently released the audio associated with the sighting. As the story goes, a Learjet pilot reported to air traffic control that he saw an object flying at 40-thousand feet with a big reflection near Albuquerque.
He advised officials asking if there was anything had “passed above them.” They replied in the negativ e. Controllers then asked an American Airlines pilot in the area if they could get a visual on anything out of the ordinary – the pilot said he did.The pilot was asked if he thought it could be a weather balloon, but he didn't think that was the case.
Neither pilot thought it was a weather balloon, but also felt it wasn't an airplane. No other aircraft were reported in the area, but it is possible it could have been a weather balloon since they aren't required to be reported to the FAA. Beyond that, there are suggestions that it could have been some kind of secret military aircraft.
Source: The Drive