How did it happen? We were all siting around playing our GameCubes, and suddenly we were handed adult costumes and told to make it work. What gives!? We all kind of feel like we’re super new to this whole “being an adult” thing. But if you’re doing these things, no worries. You’re already killing the adult game.
- Staying hydrated – Drinking a ton of water every day is a big part of being an adult.
- Sticking to a schedule – If you can really get your life in order enough to follow certain guidelines, you’re in the green.
- Eating breakfast – It’s the most important meal of the day, y’all.
- Getting enough sleep – The days of staying up until 3am and then waking up at 7am and doing it all over again are over.
- Checking your bank account – Gone are the days of spending without thinking about it.
- Being considerate of other people’s time – Stop making people late! You’re not a kid anymore!
- Thinking before you speak – It’s hard to have a filter, but you really gotta if you’re going to do the adulting thing.
Being an adult comes with a lot more responsibility than just making your schedule work and drinking enough water. There’s also happy hour….
Source: Elite Daily
Sneakers made from recycled chewing gum??
Most people aren’t big on the idea of gum on their shoe, but what about wearing shoes made of gum? Yep, it’s a thing. An Amsterdam company has created the world’s first line of sneakers made up recycled gum. Marketing organization Iamsterdam, designer Explicit Wear and a sustainability company Gumdrop have teamed up to create the Gumshoe. The sneaker’s sole is made up of a compound “Gum-Tec,” which is made of 20 percent gum.
Gumdrop uses around two-point-two pounds of gum in every four pairs of sneakers. The gum used is scraped straight from Amsterdam’s streets. Managing Director and Designer at Gumdrop Anna Bullus says, “We discovered gum is made from a synthetic rubber. And by breaking down these properties, we were able to create a new type of rubber.” So the question is, why gum?
Gumdrop says around 3.3-million pounds of gum make it on the streets of Amsterdam each year. “We started looking for a way to make people aware of this problem… That’s when the idea began to create a product people actually want from something no one cares about,” notes spokesperson Jonathan Van Loon. He adds that the rubber formed from the gum is just as strong as the average rubber and if you’re wondering, yes, it does smell of gum.
Source: The Verge