Twitter users share their #WhiteLiesYouTellKids.
No parent is perfect and even though we don’t like to admit it, most of us lie to our kids. Maybe very rarely or sometimes a lot, depending on your parenting style. And most of these are just “little white lies,” so they’re not Earth-shattering. But when Twitter user Mikeala Sunshine got real with the hashtag #WhiteLiesYouTellKids, we were relieved that we’re not the only ones telling our little ones these things just to get by.
She got the ball rolling by mentioning one of the oldest parenting fibs around, “You’re gonna use so much math when you grow up.” And it wasn’t long before other moms and dads jumped in and the topic was trending.
Here are some of the best white lies parents on Twitter admit to telling their kids:
- “The monster under the bed is vegan.”
- “It’s the law, you can’t date until you’re 18 or older.”
- “It’s illegal to turn the light on in the car while driving.”
- “They don’t make batteries for that toy anymore, aww sorry.”
- “The ice cream man plays music when he’s out of ice cream.”
- “The WiFi is down, so … no iPad for a while.”
- “If you don’t stop fighting, I’m going to turn this car around and we’re going to go home.”
- “I don’t know where your candy went.”
- “Daddy was on top of me because I was choking on something.”
- “Me and your mom were just wrestling, we’re huge WWE fans.”
- “I can make you the same burger that McDonald’s sells at home”
- “Maybe we can do that later...”
Source: The Stir