Couples could post too much about themselves OR not enough!
We’ve reached a point in our lives that it matters how we use our social media. We don’t want to let it affect our relationships, but sometimes it really does. How can you help it when you can see what everyone’s doing all the time? Here are some of the Instagram mistakes you could make as a couple:
- Only posting about each other – It’s super impersonal and isn’t about that person to person interaction.
- Writing long gushy paragraphs – This can be a sign of attachment.
- Storying everything you guys do together – You don’t need to prove to people that you’re on a date.
- You’re using the ‘gram during a date – This is just bad for obvious reasons.
- One of you never posts ANYTHING about the other – It should be an every once in awhile sort of thing.
- Leaving up photos of your ex – Get rid of them!
- Lurking on your ex’s ‘gram – Don’t look at what they’re up to all the time! Let them go. Push the block button.
You have to be honest and authentic about your social media use when you’re in a relationship. You don’t want the other person to be silently judging you and getting angry with you when you want to be posting.