It appears to be official, Thomas Markle will not make it to the royal wedding...due to a heart procedure.
Following an avalanche of stress and "will he or won't he" reports, it’s been confirmed that Meghan Markle’s father, Thomas, will NOT be making it to the royal wedding. Apparently - it's nothing personal, it's doctors' orders.
As we previously told you, Thomas suffered a heart attack last week and was back in the hospital for chest pain following the recent photo scandal. “TMZ” reports that Thomas had a successful stent procedure performed yesterday, and as a result, he's down for the count and will be cooling his jets in a Mexican hospital. He'll reportedly be there for a few more days, but is described as alert and doing fine.
Here's the thing, in spite of all the fracas, Meghan still wanted her dad included in her big day. Sources say that she was "very emotional" when she learned about the staged paparazzi photos, but that she's doing her best to move past it. “Meghan is upset and disturbed by the entire ordeal and just wants to move past it,” an insider tells “Us Weekly.” “Her relationship with her father has always been strained, mostly because of his ill-thought-out decisions and lack of responsibility. This goes to prove that.”
- By the by...if you needed any proof as to why Meghan reportedly ditched her family in recent years, we appear to be getting all the proof we need that it wasn't the worst decision she could make.
- As you'll recall, half-brother Thomas Markle Jr. posted a snarky "open letter" to Harry - something dad Thomas has credited as at least being part of the reason he had a heart attack. He wrote another one - to Meghan, this time - trying to finagle an invite to the wedding after all (as if).
- And then there's Meghan's not-so-delightful half-sister Samantha Markle, who seems to be having a field day bashing Meghan every chance she gets. Her latest upset? As of yesterday, Samantha is claiming the bride-to-be told her not to speak out about her or their father. “She’s way out of her league to tell me that I can’t speak,” Samantha tells “TMZ.” However, she was thoughtful enough to get Prince Harry and her sister a wedding gift and says she’d like to deliver it to her in person.
- BUT WAIT - THERE'S MORE! Of course, there’s more drama with Samantha because she’s now in the hospital, too. She’s reportedly suffering from a broken ankle and fractured knee after a car accident that she says was caused by paparazzi. The couple says they were driving in Florida near a tollbooth when the alleged paparazzi car swerved in front of them. This made Mark veer their vehicle into a concrete barrier to avoid hitting the other car. Samantha, who suffers from MS, hit the windshield and couldn’t get herself up. Mark says her foot was twisted backwards. After that he notes the paps fled and they headed to the hospital.
- ONE MORE THING! Back on a happier note, British Airways is looking to help its customers celebrate the royal wedding on Saturday and they have a lot of tricks up their sleeves. As we previously told you, a British Airways flight from London to Canada will feature an inflight crew made up of only Harrys and Meghans. But now, passengers arriving into Heathrow Airport will also get some royal wedding treatment. A Queen’s guard and a Beefeater (guard at London Tower) will be greeting arrivals at Terminal 2 and Terminal 5 this Saturday. They’ll also hear patriotic tunes along with the music of a royal trumpeter. Inbound passengers at Terminal 3 and Terminal 4 will get a taste of the royal wedding when they hand out 1-thousand hand made lemon and elderflower cupcakes. The same flavor as Harry and Meghan’s cake. Travelers don’t need to worry about missing the event since the royal wedding will be broadcast throughout all Heathrow terminals.