If you're getting serious with someone, you should have these money talks.
There are some conversations that you need to have as a couple that you just kind of… put off for as long as possible. It’s never fun to bring up something you don’t really want to talk about. But unfortunately, when it comes to finances, you kind of have to discuss these things. Here are the things you should talk about with your bae:
- “What are your values?” – You should know when you’re feeling things out what money really means to the other person and how important it is.
- “How do our financial lives compare?” – Do you live similarly when it comes to making and spending money?
- “What’s mine, yours, and ours?” – When your lives start to be more intertwined, get a feel for what’s shared and what’s just yours.
- “What does our future together look like?” – How will you deal with your finances going forward?
- “Where will our kids go to school?” – This can be a big one because of how expensive school can be.
- “How will we support our golden years?” – Talk about what money will look like in the future so you can save for retirement.
The most important part of all of these talks? You need to keep having them. They’re uncomfortable, sure, but if you’re serious about your boo, you need to be on the same page when it comes to your finances.
Source: Huffington Post