Don't listen to people who tell you that you have to act like you don't care.
Good relationship advice is hard to find. You’re always going to stumble on friends with biases or harsh feelings about things – things you don’t really want in good relationship advice. But the thing about advice? You don’t have to take it. Here are some of the worst pieces of relationship advice we have on record:
- “Don’t text back right away.” – If your man is going to be scared off by attentiveness, you don’t need him.
- “It will happen when you least expect it.” – Love is built from a series of connections and mutual interests. It doesn’t just happen to you.
- “Age and maturity are the same.” – We all know plenty of older people with the maturity of 14-year-olds.
- “Act like you don’t care.” – The guy that’s into you for being apathetic is not worth your time.
- “Be your best self.” – You shouldn’t be afraid to show the person you’re into all sides of you.
- “You should lie on your dating profile.” – You should always be honest about who you are and what you want.
- “Someone will come along.” – Sometimes it takes a little legwork to get there.
- “Play hard to get.” – Stop acting like you don’t care! If you care about someone, you should be allowed to show it.
Obviously, anyone who gives relationship advice (even bad relationship advice) is just trying to help. But that doesn’t mean that what they say is bible truth. At the end of the day, what you do with your relationships is up to you – so follow your gut!