Social Media habits that may expose a cheater!
Social media is a great way to stay connected to people from your past, but it also makes it a lot easier to be unfaithful. Psychotherapist Joyce Marter says social media has added fuel to the fire of infidelity and that “former flames are just a click away and appropriate relationship boundaries can become blurry.”
But while it may be easier to cheat on your someone with social media, it can make it easier to be caught, too. So how do you know if you’re just being jealous or worrying over nothing, or if your sweetie really is up to no good? Watch out for these social media habits.
- They stopped posting pictures of you - Not all couples are into sharing details about their relationship online, but if your sweetie goes from frequently posting pics of you two to suddenly sharing none at all, it could be a red flag.
- A name you don't know keeps popping up in their mentions - You probably meet or hear about most of your S.O.’s friends, so relationship expert David Bennett warns that if a name you don’t recognize pops up on your partner’s phone and they’ve never mentioned that person before, there could be a reason they’re hiding them from you.
- They don't want you to touch their phone - If your partner starts acting super protective of their phone or device all of a sudden, like even taking it to the bathroom with them, that sketchy behavior could be a warning sign.
- They start receiving constant notifications and late night texts - If this starts happening out of the blue, you might want to keep a watchful eye out.
- They're constantly talking to their ex - Sure, some folks stay friendly with their exes on social media, but if your sweetie is constantly chatting to their former flame or leaving flirty comments on their photos,maybe it’s time to have a talk about relationship boundaries.
- They've suddenly password protected their phone - If you go to snap a photo on their phone like you’ve done hundreds of times before and there’s a new passcode stopping you, you’d be right to wonder why.
- They removed tagged photos of the two of you - If you tag your love in a photo and they remove it so it doesn’t show up on their profile, that could be a cause for concern. Then again, maybe they really just don’t like that photo you shared.