Solid advice for work and play!
There are some serious similarities between dating and looking for your dream job. It’s all about patience, looking your best, and being the most charming version of yourself, right? It’s all about battling the nerves and working up the courage to nail the interview – or date. Here are some things to keep in mind for both:
- Dress your best – You’re going to want to look your flyest for the job and for the date.
- Know your boundaries – Have an idea of what you’re willing to put up with in your job and in your relationships.
- Be bold – Don’t be afraid to really put yourself out there!
- Be yourself – You’re not going to want a job or a date that doesn’t accept you for at least that much!
- Be a good listener – Your job will thank you for it. Your dates will thank you for it.
- Trust the process – Eventually, your dream job and your dream date will both be at your doorstep.
- Don’t move too fast – Think carefully and move slowly. You don’t want to rush into anything that might be wrong for you.
There’s something about job and date hunting that really makes you bring out your best self. You want to show up looking and feeling the person you want to be in order to land that perfect date – or that perfect interview. Get out there and really get to know your options. Then go for it!
Source: The Ladders