Being a loner is not all bad: Here are some reasons why!
It’s happened to all of us… you’re home on a Friday night, so you reach out to your pals for some plans. But all two of them are busy, and you start to wonder why you don’t have a longer list of people to draw from. Is that awful? It’s pretty normal, actually. And having only a few good friends can be the result of a few things.
- You’re a busy person! - Making friends takes a big ole chunk of time.
- You move around too often - Sometimes we’re bopping around as millennials, so we don’t actually have time for bigger squads.
- You move up too quickly at work - If you’re constantly getting promotions and being surrounded by new people, you’re always with someone new.
- You enjoy alone time - Maybe you enjoy missing out on social events. That’s okay!
- You’re thinkin’ romance - If you’re in a relationship, it can be harder to maintain many friendships.
Having a few friends just means that you’re putting all of your energy into making a few, meaningful relationships. It’s not like you’re super annoying and people don’t want to hang out with you. That’s a different conversation.