LeBron may be moving to Los Angeles, but says Akron will always be home...and he's putting his money where his mouth is.
This is a class act!
A school funded by one of the best basketball players ever is officially open.
LeBron James helped open the I Promise School (IPS) in his hometown of Akron, Ohio yesterday. The school, which is focused on at-risk third and fourth graders, is made possible by a partnership between the LeBron James Family Foundation and Akron Ohio Public Schools. There are plans to expand the program year by year, (adding second and fifth grades next year) until it’s a first through eighth grade program in 2022. What are kids getting?
- Students will be served breakfast, lunch and a snack every day.
- The ratio is 20 students for every teacher.
- There are 43 academic staffers, including a principal, assistant principal, four intervention specialists, tutor, English as a second language teacher, music instructor and a gym teacher.
- IPS is a certified STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) school.
- The school day is long – 9am – 5pm, and so is the school year (it runs from July 30th - May 17th…there’s also a seven-week summer school.
The goal of the I Promise School is to educate kids in the third and fourth grades from challenging situations or backgrounds. "Know no matter if I'm playing in Los Angeles or not,” says LeBron. “Akron, Ohio is always home for me. Always."
Now you can act out your Stark family fantasies in a real castle featured in the hit HBO show.
Good news for hardcore “Game of Thrones” fans — you can totally live in a Riverrun castle now. The Gosford Castle, located in Northern Ireland, is the same castle in “Game of Thrones” where Lady Stark grew up and is on the market… for kind of a decent price if you ask me.
Ok, so you can’t own all of it. The castle is being broken up into different sections for sale. But you can own a good chunk of the castle, built in the mid-1800s, for almost $700,000. If you ask me, that’s a pretty good deal, considering the long history behind the castle as well as its prominent features in HBO’s hit show.
All sections of the castle are for sale on the Maison Real Estate website, which has been split up into six luxury “apartments” each equipped with two bedrooms.
Source: Bro Bible