Keep your resume` looking good!
If you’ve spent hours and hours pouring over your resume trying to make it perfect, you’re not alone. But there are some things on your resume that you might think are harmless – but have really gotta go. Here’s what you should ditch:
- Your photo – Your picture doesn’t belong on your resume.
- Dates – You don’t want to make it clear how old you are if you think it would be a concern.
- Details about college – Sure, list your education. But your achievements can go.
- Irrelevant job details – Talk about the things that really matter.
- Typos – Proof your resumes!!
- Weird formatting – Keep it simple!
- Weird email addresses – For the love of jobs, get a normal email address.
You want to make sure your resume is formatted nicely and simple. Don’t make people do work just to read what you’re about. You want to make it as easy as possible for the hiring manager to hire you.
Source: Huffington Post