It’s no secret that some people are just not nice, and more often than not, those not nice people can be members of your family. Whether they realize it or not, family members can hurt you with just the slightest comment, and now some folks are sharing some of the nastiest things they’ve heard from members of their own family.
A new thread on the anonymous Whisper app has folks sharing some of the most savage comments a family member has said to them, and many of them are simply brutal.
Savage family comments include:
- “’You have such a beautiful soul sweetie, too bad you’re so ugly’ – thanks grandma.”
- “Today my mom told me I’d be a great stripper…I’ll just take that as a compliment.”
- “I had a miscarriage and to comfort me my aunt said, ‘I know how you feel, every time I have my period I feel like I’ve lost a baby.’ – thanks aunty.”
- “Me: picks up a carton of ice cream, ‘I don’t know if I should buy this much ice cream.’ My mom: ‘I know you can finish it’ – thanks mom.”
- “After not seeing my mother for six months she said, ‘wow you look extra pretty. Did you get a nose job?’”
- “My father tries to compliment me and ends up calling me cute, short and angry.”
- “My mom told me if I lost weight guys would be chasing me because I’m so good looking…I don’t know if I should take that as a compliment or an insult.”
- “The most backward compliment I ever received was ‘you’re ugly but your pictures always turn out so good.’ My mom said that to me.”
- “My mom once told me I was the best accident she ever had. Is that a compliment?”
- “My mom just told me she doesn’t see me getting married because I’m ‘too independent and liberal.’ Don’t know if I should have taken that as a compliment or not.”