Ways to stay safe when it come to online dating!
At this point, we’re all probably a little reckless when it comes to online dating. The second we see someone remotely attractive who wants to meet up, we do it. No background checks, no preliminary conversations. With all of the Internet at our fingertips, there are some precautionary measures we could be taking before we dive right in. Here are a few:
- Google them – Seriously, just do it. You never know what you could find out about a person.
- Don’t give out personal info right away – You might want to screen them in person before you give them your phone number or Facebook page.
- Meet in public – No going over to sketchy apartments!! SERIOUSLY.
- Don’t drink too much – You don’t want to get blackout drunk on your first date – you also want your wits about you.
- Tell a friend about your plans – Make sure someone knows where you are and as much about who you’re with before you disappear for the night. And check in during the date.
- Date during the day – No need to load up on late night beers. Try a daytime coffee date instead.
- Trust your gut – If you’ve got a bad feeling, don’t meet up with them!
Dating online is easy an fun – but don’t get ahead of yourself! There are still some major creeps out there. The “GQ” model you think you found on Tinder? He doesn’t use Tinder (there are other fancy apps for fancy people). He’s not real. Move on!