How to push through January!!
For a lot of us, after the excitement of the most wonderful time of the year is over, getting through January isn’t easy. From Thanksgiving until New Year’s Day, it’s a whirlwind of festivities and celebrations and once it’s all over, it can feel like a letdown. So how do you battle the “January Blues” and stay positive? These tips can help you face the beginning of the year and stay motivated all month.
- Plan something low-key with friends - Set up something fun you can look forward to at the beginning of the month.
- Plan a warm weather vacation - If you can swing a getaway to a warm, sunny destination sometime soon, do it. Soak up vitamin D and recharge for the rest of winter.
- Stick to your New Year’s resolutions - It’s so easy to fall off the wagon by the middle of January, but try to stay committed all month. They say it takes two months to change a behavior, so you’ll be halfway there by the end of January.
- Treat yourself - After the holiday rush, it’s common to feel burned out at the beginning of the year, so this is the ideal time to treat yourself.
- Learn something new - Challenge yourself in 2019 to gain some knowledge by learning a new skill or trying something creative.
- Keep a positivity journal - Taking five minutes to write down what you’re grateful for everyday can help you stay focused and remind you how good your life really is.
- Give back - Volunteering for a cause you believe in can help boost your mood and give you a sense of purpose to start the New Year.
- Clean and declutter - You don’t need to wait until spring to get your living space in shape. Having a clutter-free home can help you stay motivated to keep it going, you can even extend it to a post-holiday sugar detox or dry January, to reset after all the Christmas cookies and holiday wine.