Some pretty solid dating advice!
Does your love life need some help? If you want to date better in 2019, it’s time to fix some of the classic mistakes we all make when dating. Not sure where to begin? That’s okay, the “Millionaire Matchmaker” herself, Patti Stanger, has this advice about what we’re doing wrong and how to fix it.
- Keeping the wrong ones around - You don’t want to waste your time or anyone else’s time by spending it on someone who isn’t the one. "If he's not texting you (ghosting) or texting you just enough to keep you interested but not asking you out (breadcrumbing), it's simple enough," says Patti. "He's just not that into you, and it's your job to get the hell over it."
- Rejecting rejection - If someone rejects you it means you’re not meant to end up together, so move on to better things waiting for you ahead.
- Prioritizing a love interest over yourself - If someone’s not making space in their life or always making you come to them, Patti advises putting yourself first and holding your ground. “Losing yourself is far riskier than losing this stranger,” she warns.
- Missing “Me time” - Wearing yourself down on the dating scene won’t help, so take a beat to refresh before heading back out. Taking time for you will only help.
- Ignoring red flags - When you ignore deal breakers, you’re wasting time with someone who’s not worth your time to begin with. So Patti advises paying attention to red flags and when one pops up, be glad you found out early and get out fast.
- Keeping unrealistic expectations - If your list of specific criteria limits you to meeting someone with a certain height, weight, income, and hair color, you might need to adjust a little because no one will ever fit. Instead Patti suggests dropping the list and focusing on how your love interest makes you feel.
- Source: PopSugar