When you’re going to have a baby chances are you’re going to get a lot of advice from other parents, and while some of it may be terrible, there’s often good reason to listen to those who have already gone where you’re about to go.
Well, now some parents are sharing the best advice they’ve ever gotten from other parents on the anonymous Whisper app, so if you’re expecting, or hope to be soon, you may want to listen up.
Best advice parent have gotten from other parents include:
- “A mom of seven told me to integrate my kid into my life, not rearrange everything around them. Best advice ever and I pass it to ever new mom.”
- “Children see and copy your every move. Especially your bad habits.”
- “Trust your gut because no one knows your child as well as you.”
- “Enjoy them while they are young because it will fly by you.”
- “Don’t worry. You’re the best mom/dad to the most important person. They don’t care if you’re not perfect to the world – you’re perfect to them.”
- “Take naps when you can and don’t be afraid to ask friends to come over and watch your baby so you can take a nap.”
- “No one will ever say, ‘man I really wish I hadn’t spent so much time with my kids when they were young.'”
- “That your kids won’t remember how much money you made, they’ll remember how much time you spent with them.”
- “Sanity, happy children, tidy house – choose two.”
- “Always have extra clothes for you and for them. You never know when they will puke, pee or poo."