Summer will be here before you know it, and unlike last year, folks are optimistic about finally getting to go on summer vacation again.
A new TripAdvisor survey finds:
- 43% of people expect travel to rebound within the next three months.
- 67% are planning trips for somewhere between June 1stand August 31st.
- Overall, 74% of Americans plan to travel domestically, while 13% are going internationally.
- Road trips are still going to be popular, with 43% of people driving to their destination, as compared to 19% who’ll fly.
- Most are forgoing short trips, with 28% planning to take a week off, and another 29% planning a 10-day trip.
- June 21stto 28this the most poplar travel week of the summer.
- 53% plan to spend more for their vacation this year than they did last year, with that number going up to 66% for Millennials.
- As for the most popular summer travel destinations, Cancun, Mexico tops the list, with four destinations in Mexico making up the Top Ten.
Top Ten Most Popular Summer Travel Destinations
- Cancun, Mexico
- Orlando, FL
- Myrtle Beach, SC
- Key West, FL
- Miami Beach, FL
- Las Vegas, NV
- Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Tulum, Mexico
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic